Study at St Andrews website – test phase progress reports
We have decided to update this blog throughout the test phase of the new Study at St Andrews website, to keep everyone up to date with our progress.
Today the alpha phase launched. The website is still nowhere near finished yet, and we still have a lot of work to do. But it is valuable to show people what we have so far, so that we can fix all the issues before the website goes live to the public in four weeks’ time.
Thank you to everyone that has supplied feedback so far. This is very valuable.
Most of my day today has been migrating undergraduate scholarships content. I have made my way through some of this, but there is still a lot to do.
I have also migrated some more content under the undergraduate meet us section.
Carley has been busy adding calls to action to the undergraduate sections, and tidying up various bits of content throughout the website.
Design tweak: tables
We have updated the design during today, to enable us to use tables.
We will be trying to avoid tables wherever possible, partly for accessibility issues, and partly because they become squashed up when viewed on mobile devices. However, there will be some instances where we cannot avoid using tables, so I coded it up based on a mockup Lewis created several weeks ago.
See the new table design on the Financial assistance page under the accordion headed Selection criteria for scholarships.
Lewis has been working on mockups of a reskin for the Course search section. The new design will look similar to the Study at St Andrews website, which will be very important for the user experience. We would like to launch this at the same time as Study at St Andrews goes live.