The digital communications team has been working on migrating content from the current version of our content management system, T4v7, to the latest version, T4v8. (Find out more about our migration to T4v8 project.)
As part of this migration, we are retiring the Study at St Andrews section of the website and moving its content into either Subjects or Prospective students. The upgraded Subjects section will provide all the academic information for prospective students in one place, while Prospective students will provide all the non-academic information.
The new Subjects pages will be launched either just before or just after graduation this year. Here are the changes you can expect to see when we launch:
- Subjects will be in the navigation bar on the homepage.
- Subjects will contain both the digital prospectus (and its archive) and the following subsections:
- Study options: including different entry routes and degree options for undergraduate, postgraduate, and flexible study.
- Non-degree courses: including summer schools, evening language courses and the Open Association.
- Entry requirements.
- The digital prospectus within Subjects will now contain both undergraduate and postgraduate courses (whereas before postgraduate courses sat under Study).
By compiling all the academic information for students in one section of the website, we hope to make organic searches and navigation easier for our users. We will be conducting usability testing after launch to make improvements as necessary.