New team member

Nick Mullen
Friday 2 February 2018

Hi, my name is Nick. On 15 January, I became the latest member to join the digital communications team. As a web developer, it will be my job to support the delivery of the University’s web projects and to assist in the maintenance of the University’s websites.

I am joining the team from Fife Council, where for the past nine years I have been working as a Corporate Improvement Advisor (Web Developer / Project Manager) within their Customer Solutions team. Throughout my time at the Council, I enjoyed a diverse role that included web programming, project planning and process analysis. The focus of my role was to extend the functionality of the Council’s content management systems to enable the council to provide more public services online.

Before moving to Fife, I lived in Dundee where I studied Internet Communications and Web Design at the University of Abertay. I enjoyed studying for my degree, it left me with a passion for learning and self-development.

I haven’t always worked within web development. My first move away from home was to Edinburgh to study Civil Engineering at Napier University. After graduating from Napier, I started my first career as a topographical surveyor and spent three years travelling across the UK carrying out surveys. However, I decided it was not the career for me and returned to university to study web development.

When I am not at work, I enjoy dragging my family along on hill walks and I am currently trying to learn how to ice skate. I also enjoy playing board games with my family on most Saturday nights.

I am pleased to be joining the digital communications team and look forward to contributing to the University’s digital transformation.