New team member

Robert Dowdalls
Thursday 8 November 2018

Hello, my name is Robert and I’m the newest addition to the digital communications team. I started my role of web developer on 22 October and I will be maintaining and updating University web services, developing new solutions and providing support for the University’s websites.

I initially started out by completing an MA Hons in Geography at the University of Dundee and utilised the research skills I gained in a marketing role. As my IT proficiency grew, I realised that my skills and ambitions were better suited to an IT environment and decided to pursue this as my career instead.

I have worked as an IT Support Officer at Perth and Kinross Council for the last four years. My responsibilities ranged from asset management, procurement and obtaining quotes to technical support such providing support via the helpdesk and investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults. This was an excellent opportunity to learn the different areas of IT such as first/second line support, communications, desktop applications and software development. With ambitions of working in software development, I decided to formalise my knowledge by undertaking an MSc in Applied Computing at University of Dundee whilst working at the council.

In my spare time I enjoy playing guitar, running, tennis and embarking on software development projects whenever I can.

I am looking forward to working in the digital communications team where I hope to apply my knowledge and contribute to the University’s digital transformation.