Skip to content

Search by category: projects

History of the homepage prototype project

The prototype homepage aimed at external audiences has been unveiled this week. It is the outcome of over a year of work. It has been an eventful year for the digital communications team. One year on from the launch of Study at St Andrews, we are now in a very different place. Following the perceived success…

10 March 2015Homepage prototype

Gov.uk’s speedy bug fixes

Gov.uk fixes Reddit user’s bug in just a day Here is something else to like about the Gov.uk approach. Seeing a complaint from an internal government user on Reddit, a developer pushed out a fix that very day to address the user’s concerns.

11 September 2014Agile

How do you solve a problem like a content management policy?

One of the projects that I (Carley) have been working on over the past few weeks is a review of the content management policy which Duncan and I worked on during the final phase of the Study at St Andrews project. (It was last mentioned (briefly) in our progress report from back in February.) Since…

19 August 2014Projects

The evolution of the Study at St Andrews design

We had intended on writing an article about the design process for the Study at St Andrews website. Sadly, there is this thing called proper work, and we haven’t had the time to do it. Today I began cleaning up the files on my PC because it had become very unmanageable. I came across a…

12 June 2014Study at St Andrews website

Creating a print style sheet

While we were very busy as we approached the end-of-February deadline for the new Study at St Andrews website, our daily update posts fizzled away. But I wanted to write about one further update that I made, because it highlights a part of our work that many people may not be aware of. When we…

20 March 2014Study at St Andrews website

The new Study at St Andrews website has launched

After over 12 months of hard work from a lot of people, we have finally launched the new Study at St Andrews website, the replacement for the Admissions website. It has been a long and interesting journey. From the original Lean sessions, an ambitious goal was set and lots of ideas were generated. I was…

7 March 2014Study at St Andrews website

Study at St Andrews progress report: 20–25 February

It has been a while since our last progress report. It’s been full steam ahead as we work hard to complete the website by the 3 March deadline. Content snagging list I have spent a lot of the past week liaising with content owners across the University to make sure that all content is up…

25 February 2014Test phase progress reports

Replacing the Flash world map

One of the biggest issues we have had to tackle while working on the new Study at St Andrews website is the entrance requirements and country information section. The website contained a Flash world map that was considered to be so bad that I was asked to implement changes ahead of the launch of Study…

21 February 2014Study at St Andrews website

Study at St Andrews progress report: 19 February

Hi all, Carley here again! Today has been a meeting filled day, but one which has left us looking forward past the Study at St Andrews website and into the future, which is quite exciting. Entrance requirements This morning we had our weekly catch-up with Julie. One result of this meeting is that we have…

19 February 2014Test phase progress reports

Study at St Andrews progress report: 18 February

It has felt like a reasonably productive day today. I asked a professional about it as well, and she agreed. Mobile design debugging I spotted a couple of design issues in mobile view that hadn’t existed before. Some tweaks that we have made to the design over the past few weeks have turned out to…

18 February 2014Test phase progress reports