Sprint notes for DC1001 (sprints 13 to 15)
These notes cover the period Monday 18 January to Friday 26 February 2016 and detail what was completed during this time.
Something we want to get better at is improve how we communicate our progress on current projects. This will be the first of many such posts.
We’re currently working on one very large project, DC1001 External website redevelopments which is re-imagining the University website for external audiences, with a big focus on course search and what we’re calling the digital prospectus.
What we did
- TerminalFour (T4) v8 is currently being installed on two new servers for development and testing.
- T4 v7 is currently being duplicated to its own server so that we can do development work on it without risking the live installation.
- The content team has been working to complete all PGT 2016 entry programme pages in order to meet our end of March deadline for these pages to go live.
- All PGT course information is in T4 and is now with Publications for quality assurance .
- Physics PGT page (Photonics and Optoelectronic Devices), including a gallery has been launched (http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/pg/taught-programmes/pod-physics/).
- Of the twenty Schools and departments that we have created PGT 2016 entry programme content for, two Schools have their pages live (Economics and Physics), 14 Schools/Departments currently have their content pages for feedback and sign off, and the content for the remaining 4 Schools/Departments has been passed to the Publications team for quality assurance. There are ongoing negotiations with the Schools of Geography and Geosciences, Biology and Management who do not feel that they will have their content pages ready to go live before the end of March deadline.
- Communications plan written to liaise with all Schools about switch over of PGT 2016 entry programme information from individual School sites to the central Study at St Andrews web pages.
- Terms of reference for Google Search Appliance (GSA) and maps have been written and merged into the terms of reference of the project as a whole.
- Project phases outlined in the business case, management foundations and development approach definition documents have all been synchronised—some suggested five phases, others seven. They all now outline seven phases to the project.
- Project plan for outstanding phases 1 to 3 has begun to be broken down and estimated.
Next sprint (#16)
- As a team, update our timebox plan for phases 1 to 3 for the next couple of months.
- Complete installation of T4 v8.
- Email all School contacts with an update on deadline for PGT content approval.
- Clear the current ‘in progress’ and ‘blocked/waiting for’ tasks on our project board to make way for the new timebox plan.