Versioning—a brilliant, daily newsletter about the web

Gareth Saunders
Sunday 6 December 2015

One resource that I’ve been enjoying over the last few months is Versioning from Sitepoint. which describes itself as a “a social news site for kind web folk”.

At the heart of it, Versioning is a daily, curated newsletter packed with the latest news about all things web development and more. Generally it covers:

• Front end
  • Back end
  • Design / UX / Product
  • News / business
  • Everything else

When I signed up I worried that I might feel overwhelmed by so many resources being fired at me every day (Monday to Friday) but I’ve found it to be a tremendous resource and something that I look forward to reading each day.

While there are some clearly geeky and technical resources, there is also a lot for everyone else. For example, did you know that in April 2016 Google will be ending Chrome support for Windows XP, Vista and OS X 10.8? And how about this explanation of how DNS works in the style of a comic? Or an interview with JJ Abrams (director of the new Star Wars film) in Wired.com.

You can read an archive of past editions before signing up to join the current 11,768 subscribers.