Digital communications team update – December 2020
Latest updates from the digital communications team and useful articles and resources relating to digital best practice for December 2020.
On Thursday 19 November, we updated T4v8 to version 8.3.16. This new version provides a number of bug fixes and minor enhancements.
We have continued to switch St Andrews WordPress sites to use designs that meet accessibility standards. A few sites are more complex and need more time to change their design.
In the meantime, we aim to have a link to an accessibility statement on all WordPress sites hosted on wp.st-andrews.ac.uk by the end of the year.
We have rolled out additional changes to the way videos are embedded online. Using designated content types, YouTube videos on our website use the privacy (no cookie) embed mode and now support transcripts. All videos must include transcripts to meet legal accessibility standards. You can find out more about how to write a transcript on our caption standards page.
Recent blog posts
- How the University manages existing content
- For content-driven sites, answer questions, don’t try to grab attention
- Site performance and its impact on user experience
- Using cues.ai to inform decision making
Articles and resources
- How to amplify your university’s reputation with consistent content (GatherContent)
- Information Scent – 5-minute video (Nielsen Norman Group)
- Why performance is the best way to improve the user experience (Paul Boag)