New framework for responsive HTML emails

Gareth Saunders
Friday 7 February 2014

Quickly create responsive HTML emails that work on any device & client. Even Outlook.
Ink is a fairly new framework from Zurb, who brought us the Foundation CSS framework, for creating responsive HTML emails.

It’s been a while since I’ve been asked to help put together an HTML email but as news of this new HTML email framework dropped into my inbox this morning I thought it would be useful to share it.

As anyone who has been charged with creating HTML emails, and told that they must look equally good in Google Mail, Outlook and any other client, will attest it’s not entirely straight-forward. Not least because, well, who wants to go back to using tables for layout?!

Newer versions of Outlook (2007 and 2010, I’m looking at you) don’t help either as they use… wait for it… Microsoft Word to render the HTML!?

I don’t have any need for creating HTML email at the moment, but this really looks interesting. I may just have a play with it one lunchtime.

Download Ink from Zurb