Digital communications team update – October 2020
Latest updates from the digital communications team and useful articles and resources relating to digital best practice for October 2020.
The new mobile app for students is now live, and current students can download this for iOS or Android. The app features personalised information including weekly timetables, module details and exam results. Students can quickly and easily access useful tools from the app such as the University map, their Library account, and contact details for key student services.
New accessibility regulations came into effect on 23 September 2020. We have now published an accessibility statement for our main www.st.andrews.ac.uk domain. This gives details about our commitment to make our websites as accessible as possible, while identifying areas of the site that need further development. We are continuing to work to add accessibility statements to our subdomains.
We have successfully switched the majority of our WordPress sites to use designs that meet accessibility standards.
Recent blog posts
Articles and resources
- Why you should run content crits and how they improve UX design (GatherContent)
- Opening Links in New Browser Windows and Tabs (Nielsen Norman Group)
- Read Me! (ReadyMag) – article about readability on the web and capturing audience attention
- MockupPhotos – free mockup images
- Introducing Web APIs for Dual Screen and Foldable Devices (Microsoft Edge)