Digital communications team update – November 2020
Latest updates from the digital communications team and useful articles and resources relating to digital best practice for November 2020.
In collaboration with colleagues in BTB and the Provost, we have created an online guide for Can Do events. The guide is meant to help students set up activities or events while following safety guidance.
You can see a list of upcoming Can Do events in the central events calendar.
We have continued to switch St Andrews WordPress sites to use designs that meet accessibility standards. We aim to have all sites using an accessible theme by the end of this year.
We have improved the websites internal search feature so that results can be filtered by news and events, which are displayed on separate tabs.
Recent blog posts
- Prioritising search results to maximise user engagement
- Mobile app onboarding
- How to indicate required and optional fields in forms
- Accordion icons
Articles and resources
- Building sustainable structures for content creation (GatherContent)
- Google Discover is a tool that ‘surfaces’ content based on user interests.
- Multimedia content in higher education (GatherContent)
- Vocabulary Inflation in UX – 13-minute video (Nielsen Norman Group)