Digital communications team update – August 2021
Latest updates from the digital communications team and useful articles and resources relating to digital best practice for August 2021.
Careers website redesign
All of the content for the new Careers Centre website has been built as web pages in T4v8. We are currently conducting a final quality assurance (QA) on the content to ensure it is consistently presented and meeting best digital practice.
The next steps are:
- Build the homepage and enhance navigation across the site.
- Incorporate design elements across the site, including adding multimedia elements such as images.
- Test our solution to password protect content within a page (this is for subscription-based services available from the Careers site).
- Implement graduate destination data (or plan to display PDFs where data is not available for launch).
Digital prospectus central data integration
We have been working to integrate data held centrally in SITS into the digital prospectus for 2022 entry. As part of this work, we have now built new content types in the T4v8 system that will pull through central data to each undergraduate course page. These new content types will pull through the following data:
- course name
- year of entry
- entry requirements
- course dates
- UCAS code
- contact information.
We now need to replace the old content types with the new central-data content types on each course page. To help us with this, we have hired two student interns who have been diligently going through each undergraduate course page and replacing the content types.
We are still aiming to have this data integrated on most of the undergraduate course pages for September 2021 launch.
T4v7 upgrade to v8
Over the summer, we are planning to update the T4v7 system to use the v8 software. The actual process of adding and editing content is the same in v7 and v8, and the content and design of the published web pages will be unaffected – it is the user interface that will be changed. We are in the process of creating training materials on how to use v8. When we have a definite timeline for the upgrade, we will be in contact with all T4v7 content editors with further details.
Recent blog posts
- Choosing the correct chart
- Degree conferral ceremonies summer 2021 analytics data
- Making charts accessible for the web
- Three invisible design decisions that are more important than you think
- A look at web components
Articles and resources
- Find a job with TikTok Resumes (TikTok) – this entertainment platform is now being used by job seekers.
- Data Is More than Numbers: Why Qualitative Data Isn’t Just Opinions (Nielsen Norman Group)
- Content style guides: A complete process to develop your own (GatherContent)
- Statistical Personas – video 3:23 minutes (Nielsen Norman Group)
Digital newsletter signup
The digital newsletter is sent out at the start of each month. Subscribe to keep up to date on the activities of the digital communications team and to receive useful articles and resources relating to digital best practice. To subscribe, please email email@example.com.